This Christmas was a lot of fun mainly because Jake was really into this year. For a month, all he watched was his "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" DVD (trust me, for parents it gets a little old after the 100th time) and all he talked about was Santa. By the time Christmas rolled around he knew the Rudolph song by heart (and even the lines in the movie for that matter). I told him that we had to leave cookies for Santa and carrots for Rudolph if he wanted Santa to stop at his house on Christmas Eve so, needless to say, he was super-excited when we decided to make Christmas cookies. He was such good help making them--he kept telling us he was in charge of putting "prinkles" on the cookies (Jake seems to think "s" is silent in most words). Although most of the "prinkles" ended up on the floor we had a blast rolling out the dough, cutting out Christmas shapes and decorating the cookies--memories I won't ever forget!!
My big boy rolling out the dough.
Jake with his "prinkles."
Most of the cookies seemed to disappear during production--I think I caught the culprit!!


No comments:
Post a Comment