Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas 2008-Round 3



Okay, so I'm finally to pics from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Our holiday tradition is to spend Christmas Eve at Josh's parents's house, Christmas Day morning at our house, and the rest of Christmas Day at my parents' house. It's a bit hectic but totally worth it. Here's a short recap. . .

On Christmas Eve, we had a surprise visit from Santa at Mimi and Papa's house. I didn't know how Jake would handle it but, turns out, he loved it. He jumped right up on Santa's lap and told him exactly what he wanted--some train tracks. It was so cute--Santa had a list so he knew a few things about Jacob and Andrew. Jacob just stood and listened in amazement--how did Santa know all that?? I guess he must have helpers (thanks Mimi). Santa even gave him a little laptop and Andrew a little steering wheel toy.

On Christmas morning, Andrew was the first one up at 5:30 am (surprise, surprise) although it wasn't because it was Christmas morning but just his normal wake-up time. It was kinda nice though because Josh and I got to snuggle with him and take a few pics of him all by himself by the tree and the presents. At around 8:00 big brother, Jake, finally woke up. I think I was more excited about going downstairs to see what Santa left then he was. Before we went down, though, we read the story of Jesus' birthday--a little tradition that Josh and I started on Jacob's first Christmas. When we came downstairs Jake saw his train tracks that Santa had left and couldn't believe it--he kept saying "that's what I wanted, that's what I wanted!" It was priceless!! I guess Santa had heard all of his requests for train tracks (or at least his helpers had). Andrew didn't really know what was going on but he did love all the wrapping paper and tissue paper!!

After we opened all our presents we headed to Hillsboro to celebrate with Momo and Papa, Aunt Meg, Aunt To-To, Uncle Jeff, Collin and Chloe and all of the other great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that usually stop by my parents' house on Christmas. As usual, my mom had a ton of great food so I pretty much snacked all day while we opened presents, which can usually last about 3 hours at my parents' house (too much stuff--I thought we were going small this year). Jake played all day with his cousins and with all of his new stuff while Andrew was passed around and given lots and lots of smooches!! All-in-all it was a great Christmas!!!

Here's a quick video of some memorable Christmas 2008 moments--I picked "Holly Jolly Christmas" because, other that Rudolph, it was one of Jake's favorite Christmas songs this season--he would sing it and sing it--cute!!

No comments: