Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm Officially a Stay-at-Home Mom!!

On Friday I officially became a stay-at-home mom--I got a minivan!! I had always told myself that I would never drive a minivan. Not that there's anything wrong with a minivan but I just considered myself to be more of a SUV kind of mom. Josh was all for the minivan but I just couldn't seem to get on the same page. So on Friday we set out to test drive new vehicles and I told him that I would at least test drive a minivan but that I was leaning more towards a larger SUV with a third row. We looked at Expeditions, Tahoes, Armadas--all very nice SUVs. Our last stop was the Honda dealership to test drive the Odyssey minivan. One test drive and I was hooked!! It had all kinds of bells and whistles, rode really smooth, and, unlike the big SUVs, you can get to the third row while having two carseats strapped to the second row. I had to come to the realization that, with two little ones who will be in carseats for who knows how many more years, the minivan was the most practical vehicle for where I'm at in life. Yeah, the big SUVs are nice but I've got a lot more years to be driving those (hopefully gas prices will not be back at $4 a gallon then). Plus, when you've got your hands full with two kids, a huge diaper bag and shopping bags, the automatic doors and trunk come in real handy!!

So, the next time you see a gray Honda Odyssey, you never know it may just be me --or one of the other 5,000 people who own a Honday Odyssey in Edwardsville!!! Shout out to all the other minivan moms--we rock!!

By the way, poor Josh had to give up his BMW and is now driving the 2004 Chevy Trailblazer--at least he got to enjoy a couple of years of luxury living!!

5 comments:

JB said...

My parents have an odyssey and it is SWEET for a mini-van. The only one I would drive. Josh, if you think about it, Honda kind of is the Ultimate Driving Machine for that car type! No consolation, stick with the SUV.

Erica said...

LOVE all your updates! LOVE that you got a mini-van...never would have in a zillion years pegged you for this! You are a cool mamma now! =)

Linkis Family Love said...

Post a pic of your new mini van with you in it! That's the only way to be 100% believable...ha ha What did you think bt the Armada and Expedition? Those are the two I am considering. Of course, Brian wants a truck! ugh-

Rudd Family said...

I will be joining you soon enough! Can't wait to see the new ride.

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Minivans rock!!! They really are the most practical..unfortunately.:)