Jacob had his very first Christmas program on Dec. 5 at First Baptist Church in Maryville where he attends school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We had been practicing and practicing his song for weeks--the song was about the animals in the stable when Jesus was born and pretty much consisted of him saying "moo," "baa" and "neigh" at the right prompting. He had mastered it by the time his program rolled around. I was a little nervous that he would get a little stage fright and not even go on stage with the rest of his class or just stand on stage and cry.
So, before the big show when he was in his classroom with the rest of his class, I kept telling him to look for Mommy, Momo and Mimi out in the audience and we would be clapping and whistling for him. I just kept repeating it to him so that he would know that we were there and wouldn't be nervous. Well, when it came time for his class to be on stage, he walked right up there and started looking all around for us. He had a look of panic on his face and, for a moment, I thought he was going to cry. I just kept whispering to myself "don't cry, don't cry" but then I remembered that he's only 2 so it was accomplishment enough that he was actually on stage with the spotlights on him. Then, his song started. When the part came for him to say "moo" all everyone in the audience could hear was Jacob yelling "MOM!" He was looking all over the place for us and it seemed like every time there was a break in the song he yelled out a loud "MOM!" It was too funny--the video we took of him is absolutely hilarious. I'll try to post it if I can figure it out. The best part is that at the end of his song, I stood up and started waving really big so he would see me and, sure enough, he saw me and got the biggest smile on his face--with that, I was the happiest Mom in the audience that night!
Jacob--all smiles before the big show!
My little man on stage with a little panic on his face.
"What a relief--the show's over! Now I can enjoy my candy cane!"
Jacob and Andrew--aren't they cute in their Christmas sweaters?
Me and all my boys!!


No comments:
Post a Comment