Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Building Forts with Daddy

Lately, Jake has really been into building "forts" with Daddy. Every night he wants to "build forts" (which the word "forts" when Jake says it usually comes out sounding like "farts"--kinda funny). How it works is that Daddy takes lots of blankets and somehow hooks them from Jake's crib to his big boy bed with clips. Then they both crawl in under the blankets and tell stories, particularly some story about a cat named "Boot Scoots"--Josh's words, not mine but Jake just laugh everytime you say the name. I only know all of this because I can hear them talking from outside the room--generally, Mommy can't come into the fort because no girls are allowed (more of Daddy's rule than Jake's I think).

Even if I'm not allowed, it's cute to watch Daddy and Jake (and sometimes Andrew if he's still awake) having fun--plus, it gives Mommy some much needed time by herself!!

The big fort. . .notice, Daddy has to use an Illini blanket, enough already!

"No girls allowed, Mommy!"

No comments: