Monday, November 17, 2008

Go Illini!!

For our anniversary (which was Sept. 28th) I got Josh two tickets to the Ohio State vs. Illinois football game in Champaign. It was this past Saturday and it was the last home game of the season. Mimi and Papa Paul graciously watched Andrew (thanks Mimi and Papa) and Momo and Papa kindly watched Jake (thanks Momo and Papa) so Josh and I actually had the day all to ourselves to enjoy (which we haven't had in way too long). Since they were calling for a high of around 30 and possible flurries, we layered on some clothes and got to Champaign around 9:00 am for the 11:00 kickoff--the game was originally scheduled to start at 1:00 so, unfortunately, we didn't have time for any official tailgating. We did, however, get to meet up with Josh's friend from college, Zac, and his girlfriend, Melitta, at Murphy's before and after the game--it was great to catch up with Zac --we hadn't seen him since our wedding six years ago!!

I got to hear all about Josh's "crazy" days at UofI and we got to take a walk around the quad so he could point out all of his old stomping grounds. Unfortunately, the Illini couldn't pull off a victory over the Buckeyes but all-in-all we had a great day on campus--I even wore an Illini sweatshirt which I very rarely do (GO MIZZOU!!) just for my guy!!

Josh and I all bundled up to cheer on the Illini!


Josh and Zac in their orange and blue.


Assembly Hall--home of Fighting Illini basketball.

The Alma Mater statue--we had to take a pic of this since it's in Jacob and Andrew's "Let's Go Illini" book and we always point it out to them.

No comments: