Sorry that it's been 3 weeks since my last entry--things have been absolutely crazy the past three weeks. It seems like we have barely been home the past few weeks--where has August gone?? Looking at our family calendar, it doesn't appear that September is going to be any less crazy, either!! Anyway, sorry for being a slacker.
Two weeks ago Josh and I went on our annual trip to Lake Norfork with several friends. We had an absolute blast. It poured the first night we were there but all-in-all the weather turned out to be great and we were able to have some fun in the sun (Josh had so much fun driving the boat and the jet ski that I was sure he would be itching to buy one as soon as we got home--fortunately, he hasn't :)). Since I was being lazy and didn't bring our camera out on the boat, I don't have any pics to share (trust me, Josh and I in our swimsuits--you're not missing much!!). A big shout out to Momo and Papa, Aunt Meg, Aunt To-To, Uncle Jeff, Collin and Chloe for watching Jacob and Andrew while Josh and I were having some much needed couple time--we appreciate it SO much and, from all the stories that Jacob has been telling us, he and Andrew had a ton of fun (and junk food, I'm sure).
On the trip home from Arkansas, we got the unfortunate news that my Grandpa Pat (or Papa Pat, as Jake called him) had passed away. He had been in the hospital after breaking both hips and had gotten pretty weak but his passing was still very unexpected. He was kind of a quiet man but he loved good food, puzzles, watching the Cardinals and, most of all, sitting back and enjoying his grandkids and great-grandkids. He was a good man and we are truly going to miss him.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment