Monday, September 8, 2008

Big Boy Underwear

The other day when Jake, Andrew and I were shopping at Target I made a point of showing Jake the "big boy underwear" in an effort to make him more excited about using the potty. He has no problem sitting on the potty (and sitting, and sitting) but nothing ever seems to come out. Anyway, he was super excited about the Elmo underwear (he had already gotten some for his birthday) but I told him that he could wear them only when he started going on the potty. That night, just for fun, I let him put his Elmo underwear on before his bath and he thought he was big stuff. After his bath, as I tried to put his diaper on, he started screaming because he wanted to wear his "big boy underwear." So I gave in and let him put his Elmo underwear on--okay, so it was over his diaper (since we're not quite ready to go without) but he still looked so big in them.

No comments: