We had some really great weather over the past weekend which was desperately needed around the McKey house. It seems like we've been closed up in this house forever. We were able to go outside and play, open up some windows and let in some fresh air and, my favorite, run errands without having to bundle everyone up (which usually takes forever and wears me out even before we get out of the house).
Our weekend started off with a playdate on Friday morning with Ryan and Julia Harriss and Emma Karlas. Unfortunately, my camera batteries were dead so I didn't get to take any pictures. Jake had a great time playing in the basement with his friends, Andrew had fun watching them play and I got to have some enjoyable conversation with Erica and Kellie. Fun for all!!
Then, on Friday evening, we went over to Alton to have dinner with Mimi and Papa. Uncle Ryan and Cole were still there when we got there so they stayed for dinner too. Jake loves playing with Cole--they just run around Mimi's house and laugh and repeat everything the other one says. It's so fun to listen to their conversations when they don't know we're listening--at one point I overheard Jake telling Cole that he was his favorite buddy--too cute!! We had a great dinner of steak, potatoes and veggies with ice cream for dessert--thanks Mimi and Papa!! Again, sorry for no pics but I took some with Mimi's camera and just need to get them from her--I'll try to post them as soon as I do.
On Saturday morning the weather was still really great so Josh and I decided to put the boys in the wagon and walk to the playground. Andrew loved riding in the wagon--he looked like such a big boy!! Chatterbox Jake talked to Andrew the whole way to the playground telling him that he was too little to go down the slide but that "Andew [Jake's name for Andrew] can go down the slide when he is a big boy like me." Jake is always letting him know who the big brother is. It was great watching them interact together in the wagon; it just made me think of all the years to come and all the stuff they will do together!
When we got back from the playground some of the neighbors were out so Jake (and Daddy) got to play kickball with the neighborhood kids and their dads. It was great to be back out in the cul-de-sac talking to the neighbors--with the cold weather we haven't seen them much. We absolutely love our neighbors--they are always offering to watch the boys while I run errands and all the kids always come over to ask Jake to play even though they're quite a bit older than him. We are always having get togethers (like the progressive dinner this weekend) and it seems like everyone is there for each other when needed. I can't stress enough how happy I am to be back in Edwardsville and live on our street--God truly does answer prayers!!
On Saturday evening, we traveled to Hillsboro to go bowling with Momo and Papa. For some reason, Jake is obsessed with bowling. Ever since he went to watch my mom bowl with her friends on her bowling league, he is always pretending that he is bowling. He loves when we're at stores because he pretends the lanes are bowling lanes. He has two sets of play bowling balls and pins and when he sees bowling on TV he insists that we watch. Somewhat of a strange interest for a 2 1/2 year old but, who knows, he may be the Tiger Woods of bowling someday! Although he only bowled with a real ball a few times he pretended to bowl on a closed lane all night--too funny. He's actually got great form for a little guy! Again, I forgot the camera at home but I try to post some pics that my mom took as soon as I get them.
And, finally, on Sunday we went to 54th Street Grill after church with the Harriss' and the Stouts--kinda crazy with 6 kids under 7 but it was great enjoying some conversation with friends and having a great lunch. All-and-all, it was a very busy weekend and, even though, not much productive got done, we had a great time with family and friends!!


3 comments:
We're so glad your back & that we're neighbors! It will be fun to have the boys run around together this summer.
We loved getting to spend some of the fun weekend with you! We need to make those Sunday afternoon lunches a little more of a habit! =)
PS - Will Jake's birthday theme this year be bowling? Just a hunch. =)
Post a Comment