Tuesday, September 1, 2009

School's Here!!

Today was the first day of preschool for the boys and they did great!! The preschool that Jake went to last year, Kids' First at First Baptist Church Maryville, actually accepts kids as early as 12 months so, after being on the wait list most of the summer, Andrew finally got in about 2 weeks ago. I had some concerns that he was too young to go to preschool but the program there is excellent and I figured it would be a great way for him to get used to being around other kids his own age. And, to be honest, the 8 hours a week I get to run errands without hauling kids is a big plus too!!

Both of them did really well when Josh and I dropped them off that morning--no tears from either of them. This was surprising considering Jake cried at the open house the week before simply from me telling him that he would be there the next week. Luckily, Jake saw several kids from his class last year and just took off playing--he didn't even notice that Josh and I had left.

I just had to post a few pictures of my handsome boys getting ready to head to school--how big they look!!

My little guys with their backpacks!

Brotherly love!!


Look at the grins on those faces!! Andrew doesn't know what's going on but is all smiles nonetheless!!

2 comments:

Rudd Family said...

I am so glad Andrew and Lucas are in the same class! Your first day pics turned out much better than ours!

Erica said...

Your front porch looks awesome! (And the boys are super cute too!)