
So, I just got back from 5 days on the road...one in Chicago and four in Carlsbad, CA. The meeting in California was at the famous La Costa Resort and Spa. And, luckily, I was able to take a day and play golf at the world famous La Costa Golf Course. The above image is of the signature number 16. For thirty years, legends like Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and the likes played on the same course as I did. I must admit, it was pretty cool. On each hole, they gave the history of the hole over the years. The most recent event was in 2006 when the Accenture Match Play was there. This is where Tiger had his famous quote "9 and 8". Anyway, it was the best course I've ever played, hands down! The sand traps, greens, fairways, etc. were unbelievable. Truly an experience of a lifetime.
Then, the next day, I was able to sneak away and play tennis on the clay courts of the resort. It has been awhile since I played on clay. Very fun. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day, Lockhaven had two clay courts. But, they were converted to hard courts when I was in high school.


No comments:
Post a Comment