Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Day at the Botanical Gardens


Enjoying the day with Papa and Momo.
Now that's a big flower!!

Big brother pushing around little brother. . .so sweet!
Andrew admiring all the beautiful flowers!
A quick pic by the fountain before the Gardens closed (they literally turned the water off 2 minutes after we took the picture--they were kicking us out!)


Recently the boys and I took a field trip to St. Louis with Momo and Papa. It was a beautiful day so, after meeting Josh for a very delicious lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, we decided to visit the Missouri Botanical Gardens. I'd only been to the Botanical Gardens once before for a seminar and I didn't really get to see much that day so I thought it might be something fun to do. I wasn't sure if it would be that entertaining for the boys but I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. Besides all the colorful plants and flowers, they had lots of interactive exhibits and a really cool children's area, complete with 2 slides, a rope bridge, water sprinklers, etc. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that the place closed at 5 pm so we only had a couple of hours to spend there but it would definitely be a great place to visit again soon.

No comments: