Thursday, July 23, 2009

Josh's (Not-So-Relaxing) Father's Day Weekend

When Father's Day weekend arrived, I told Josh that we could do whatever he wanted to do that weekend. With temperatures predicted to be in the high 90's for the weekend, I figured he'd want to spend the weekend relaxing inside in the A/C or hanging out by a pool somewhere. Instead, he decided that he wanted to spend Father's Day weekend building a swingset for Jake and Andrew--what?!! I tried to convince him that, with two little ones, I would be of little assistance on the project and that, with it being Father's Day weekend, he would have a hard time finding other guys to help out.


My wonderful hubby, however, was a father on a mission!! He was determined to have the swingset built and ready to play on by the end of the weekend, whether that meant working all day and night for two days straight in 90+ degree weather. And that's just what he did!! I've never seen so much sweat come off of one person in my entire life--Josh worked and worked, with very few breaks and not even stopping for lunch. Thankfully, since I wasn't of any help during the project (I was chief child care provider that day), our wonderful neighbors (Mr. Don, Hung Fei, and Drew) saw Josh hard at work and graciously came over and began helping out. I don't think parts of the project could've been accomplished without a second set of hands so a BIG thank you to our neighbors!!


Sure enough, just as Daddy had promised, Jake was outside on Sunday night sliding down his new slide "that Daddy builded" and swinging on his swing. Although extremely exhausted and wanting to take a very long shower, Josh, with a big smile on his face, just sat outside watching Jake play and play--a pretty good Father's Day afterall, wouldn't you say?




Josh the handyman with his little helper, Jake, and our neighbor, Hung Fei.


Caution: Men at work!! Our wonderful neighbors, Mr. Don (as Jake refers to him) and Hung Fei assist Josh while Jake tests the slide.


Jake enjoys the slide even as the men work around him. Works great!!


The finished product--way to go, Daddy!!

No comments: